Camosun Nursing Student Collective
1. Call to order 0730, Monday March 4th, 2019 Fisher Building, Rm 214
2. Roll call/ introduction, check-ins: Kennedy, Jaqueline, Sarah, Allison, Natasha, Nikki, Sam Meckin, Karlina
3. Adopt agenda/ suggest additions
a. BCCNP- no report
b. NNPBC- no report
c. BCNU- regional meetings March 15th 9-5, register online, due on the 8th.
i. Personal resiliency
ii. Conferences, Women’s deliver conference in Vancouver in April- apply on the BCNU website
iii. BCNU convention in May in Vancouver
iv. Free to register to apply for Bursary’s, drawn in October, have until mid-September to apply.
d. CNSA – switched over to new chairs, transitioning into new positions. Revamping website.
· Funding from BCNU for conference cost for Natasha’s -200$ as well as Nikki.
· National conference to be set in Montreal next January
e. Treasurer – No change, update at the end of March.
5. New business
a. Bake Sales (Lina)-
i. Volunteers – no one from 0900-1200 on Wednesday, worst case scenario, Lina would show up for 1030.
ii. Bakers – good on baked goods. Richmond house to pick up other supplies.
b. Safe Talk (Nicky) – good news, we have 30 people signed up, deposits from almost everyone; bad news- thought the funding was $25, but it is $35- CCSS may be able to cover a five-dollar fee to help out the students attending.
c. Naloxone (Jade)
i. Volunteer to help out with collecting donations before it begins-
ii. Registration is complete 47 people have registered
d. Canadian Blood Services (Still waiting to hear back about a date) – Allison is thinking just before final exams
e. Potential for adding new positions to the collective & electing a new VP – LPN liaison, indigenous rep, Vice president- potentially post-pone till September, garner some interest now and to get in some letters of interest.
i. Schedule of all meetings on bulletin board in student lounge
6. Concerns/ announcements
7. Next Meeting Monday March 18th, 2019, Fisher Building, Rm 214