Camosun Nursing Student Collective
1. Call to order 0730, Monday January 7th, 2019, Fisher Building, Rm 214
Hayley, Natasha, jade, Sarah, jacklin, jessie, sumi, karlina, nicki, kennedy, Allison, Sam
2. Roll call/ introduction, check-ins
3. Adopt agenda/ suggest additions
-Allison, voting members stay after meeting to go over roles with UVIC
· a. BCCNP
· b. NNPBC
· c. BCNU
· No updates.
· d. CNSA
· Natasha and Nicki attending the conference, Lina still considering.
· CNSA membership fee, emailed Evan-new membership package filled out and sent out via Evan?
5. New business
· Is it possible to do two bake sales this semester? Natasha said to contact Aditi for contact information.
a. Paint Nite
· Is a go!
· This Wednesday (January 9th) evening at 1830, Sam Meckin to serve at event (will be at event at 1700). Still a go without 25 people.
b. Events for this semester
· i. Bake Sale - Karlina taking the lead on the bake sale for the winter semester.
· ii. Pub Night - 5th street could hold event.
· Sam and Allison agree to run trivia, so there is no need to outsource information.
· Figure out a day/ week that will work best to hold event. Just after midterms?
· iii. Canadian Blood Services -Allison just got an email back from Canadian blood services, they can come and do a seminar so we are able to better facilitate an event here at the school.
· Email back about a mobile unit to come to the school.
· Safe talk- Nicki, how to recognize signs of suicide and if you recognize signs and the confidence to talk about it. Minimum 15, maximum 30 students.
· Allison to Nicki- find events day/week to do it.
· Natasha- use some of the funding to discount student’s tickets for event.
6. Concerns/ announcements
· Member positions and meeting attendance- two absences from meetings if you hold a voting position.
· Open positions- 1st year rep position.
· Jessie and Sumi will pass on information to the LPN program.
7. Next meeting January 21st, 2019, Fisher Building, Rm 214
8. Adjournment 0820