Camosun Nursing Student Collective
1. Call to order 0730, Monday December 3rd, 2018, Fisher Building, Rm 310
2. Roll Call/ introduction, check-ins
Allison, Natasha, Jade, Hayley, Nicki, Kennedy, Mark, Karlina, Siobhan, Sam. M, Tory, Brook
- AVI from naloxone training, LGBTQ, HIV presentations. Event between camosun and UVIC
3. Adopt agenda/ suggest additions
Tory: -discussion about what is entailed in the roles and task funding, being transparent to the students.
- Official delegates and the associate delegates, chapter school-have electives voted by the student body; official delegate can only vote.
- How we allocate funds for travel for the different delegates, would the funds go toward only the official delegate? vote on what to do with the money.
- If we raised funds, have payed events for more experiences for students?
- Those going to conferences, raise the money- help organize events for fundraising
- Natasha: get more information if you join the comities, email the head of the comities and can start to listen in on meetings.
4. Unfinished business:
a. Paint Nite
-paint nite, 10 tickets sold. Need to sell 15 more
b. Bake Sale & Speed Dating
i. Discuss how events went
-bake sale raised $325, sold out! Deposited into the account
-good feedback from the nurse speed dating event from the nurses
- Andrew: chat with liason in next couple weeks
- BCNU, Sam: presentation talks about membership, ESN positions; regional meetings, once every quarter. Tory: put schedule on the CSNC
-CNSA: webinar on diversity
-funds, just $1047 in the trust.
6. New Business
a. Spring Semester Planning
i. Meeting times (vote)
All inclusive: Monday at 0730, or 1830. Morning wins.
ii. Activity planning
· Working with the Canadian Blood Services
· Bake Sales
· Spring bake sale, have diabetic option (Siobhan- diabetic option didn’t sell in the past) put on event as early as possible, Reading break?
· Sam M: Pub trivia night- have food, drink included. Nursing themed round. (or music bingo)
o Calender idea, Karlina has connection at photo print.
o Pub crawl with UVIC
Canadian blood services: partner with nursing students. Set up a booth
o Jade: blood draw- donate, bring awareness to how much blood is needed. Set up on campus? Prizes, for group that donates the most blood?
o Mark: is there a Camosun blood services club? Partner with them?
o Bone marrow? Have the blood draw, and have info on other ways to donate.
o Prizes? Still have some left over from last year’s march madness.
b. Questions about new roles/ responsibilities
7. Concerns/ announcements
8. Next Meeting, TBA
- Brook: more work between UVIC and camosun? Foster some team work. Siobhan: focused on grad event at UVIC. Start in year 3, have one member switch for each meeting.
- Sam: one big meeting, even one a semester.
9. Adjournment 0820